Nuclear Community Terms of Service & Acceptable Use Policy
The Nuclear Community is a platform intended to foster the open exchange of information among INPO members as part of INPO’s effort to promote best practices in the nuclear industry. The following guidelines are provided to ensure proper use of the site.
- Use the Nuclear Community as a free-flowing forum for operating experience.
- Search your group’s forums for related information before posting a question as responses to the question may already exist.
- Word questions clearly and openly to encourage discussion rather than yes/no responses.
- If a phone call was made or received in providing a response to a question, post that response to the question for the benefit of the group.
- Make managers and colleagues aware of groups related to their areas of responsibility.
- Please note that the Nuclear Community, and the information contained therein, is confidential and proprietary to INPO and/or the party credited as the provider of the content.
- Do not provide or disclose information found on the Nuclear Community to any third party.
- Selling and/or reselling information is prohibited.
- Do not use information for marketing purposes or to seek commercial advantage.
- Do not post any of the following:
- personal or other sensitive information;
- salary information;
- material with a copyright not belonging to you or your organization;
- anything that may be defamatory to an individual or organization.
- Inappropriate messages will be deleted, and the message originator will be notified.
- You should have no expectation of privacy when using the Nuclear Community—the information you post may be accessed by INPO or other members with access to the Nuclear Community.
- Any information that you disclose in these areas is not considered to be personal information, regardless of the content.
- INPO and the Nuclear Community are located in the United States, but Nuclear Community users may include individuals located outside of the United States. By accessing, posting to, or otherwise using the Nuclear Community, you agree that you will adhere to any and all applicable privacy and data protection laws and .
Things To Do
- Exercise care and common sense in your use of the Nuclear Community.
- Report any inappropriate material to your group owner or a community administrator.
- Refer to the Help group for answers to commonly asked questions or to pose a new question you feel will apply to other users.
Things Not To Do
- Anything defamatory, obscene, abusive, or otherwise illegal.
- Anything that contravenes this policy.
- Anything that will harm the business interest, reputation, or business objectives of your utility, the nuclear industry, or INPO.
INPO hosts the Nuclear Community and reserves the right to monitor any group at any time. Monitoring of systems is carried out in order to, among other things:
- Detect and prevent unlawful use or misuse of the site; and
- Maintain the effective operation of the site.
Export Control Regulations
All Nuclear Community users are reminded to be aware of and comply with regulations in your country of operations that control the exchange of technology and information when using Nuclear Community. Request for access to Nuclear Community could be denied or restricted based on applicable United States export control regulations.
Breach of this policy will invoke disciplinary action(s) up to and including permanent removal from the site.
You are now asked to check the box on the screen to confirm that you have read, understood, and agree to abide by this policy.
INPO reserves the right to make changes to this policy at any time, which shall become effective immediately when posted to the Nuclear Community. By checking the box, you are committing to review any changes as they are communicated through site-wide announcements in the future, and by continuing to use the site, you accept and agree to any such changes.
If you do not want to agree to these terms, you must not access or use the site.
If you do not understand or are unhappy with any part of this policy, please submit your concerns to the Nuclear Community Director.